|On Monday, March 13, 2017 at approximately 2:00 PM, an Officer assigned to the Kingsport Police Department Traffic Unit observed a red 2000 Chevrolet Blazer sport utility vehicle traveling through two separate school zones (Dobyns-Bennett High School and Thomas Jefferson Elementary School) in close proximity to one another along East Center Street. The Officer noticed that the driver, later identified as Dominick A. Doxtater, was not wearing his seatbelt.
A traffic stop was conducted and during the investigation that followed, the Officer learned that Mr. Doxtater was not currently licensed to drive in the State of Tennessee. The Officer also noticed a strong odor of marijuana emanating from the interior of the vehicle, with Doxtater subsequently admitting that he had both marijuana and a firearm concealed under the passenger seat. A K.P.D. K-9 search resulted in a positive indication for drugs to further confirm the above information.
A resultant search of the vehicle yielded the seizure of:
1) A large clear plastic baggie containing approximately 1 ounce of marijuana.
2) A set of digital scales
3) A Phoenix Arms .22 caliber handgun
Mr. Doxtater was arrested and charged with the following:
1) Possession of a Schedule VI Drug (Marijuana) for Resale within 1,000 Feet of a School (Dobyns-Bennett High School and Thomas Jefferson Elementary School)
2) Maintaining a Dwelling (Vehicle) Where Drugs are Used, Stored, Manufactured, or Distributed
3) Possession of Unlawful Drug Paraphernalia (Scales)
4) Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Dangerous Felony
5) No Driver License
6) Violation of Seatbelt Law
He was arraigned the following morning and currently remains confined in the Kingsport City Jail in lieu of a $15,000 bond as specified by the presiding judge.